Monday, June 15, 2009

Our happenings and some recipes

I have not been blogging as often as I used to, not that I am assuming anyone really cares, I am just sayin'. Here are some of our family happenings, some more exciting than others (some much yummier than others too)


We have been playing LOTS of football and basketball, practicing without training wheels,
Learning to swim so we can enjoy the summer fun to its fullest, can you tell which kid is rather nervous during his (or perhaps her) lessons? They are learning fast and doing great.
And, these two little friends have been . . . .

Potty Trained! After 8 years of buying diapers we are done. Is it great and wonderful, but at the same time sad to have no babies in diapers.
And, for the yummy part, we have been trying some old favorite recipes and some new ones.

Here are a couple that are a big hit in our house.

Of course, both Mexican dishes, our very favorite.

Taquitos, recipe found here. They are so good, the kids la la loved them.
The taquitos are awesome, this picture-not so awesome, I did a crappy job of shaping them, we had to eat them with a fork, next time though, next time! I used canned chicken and was able to throw these together pretty quick.

Taco salad - finally a dish my kids not only eat, but eat seconds, thirds and even lick their plate clean. For some reason, they adore when I serve this. The prefer the version with taco meat over the grilled chicken. I am loving salads on hot summer days.Just add all your favorite veggies/meat/chips/whateva - the key is the dressing - I could drink it alone, it is SO good! Click here for the dressing recipe.

11 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, WOW! Jolie still uses training wheels and can't swim. Leah puts on underwear only to be funny, and I haven't tried a new recipe in 6 months. Not only have you done it ALL, but you've captured every moment in a beautiful photograph!!

I love you (& your endless talents!) to pieces. Good thing too because otherwise, boy would I be jealous.

Krista said...

I love you too, but I am still way jealous!!!!! Especially of the potty training. I know that if I wanted to try out one of your favorite recipes I could just invite myself to your house for dinner.

Joni said...

Yeah, they are potty trained! Think of what you can do with the money you use to spend on diapers, yeah! The dinners look yummy and the kids are super cute. Good luck with swim lessons and learning to ride the two wheeler without training wheels. It is times like this that it is way fun to be a mom!

Pugmire family said...

Congrats on the potty training. I am not even thinking about that yet! I guess I have a little longer. Your photos of recipes literally made my tummy growl. I think I might try them this week. Thanks! And as always your children look absolutely beautiful!!

Melanie said...

HI! I am a friend of Joey's and started to occasionally follow your blog when you had the dress event. I woul love to know where you bought the adorable ladybug shirts your girls have on and the fun hair bows. They are so cute. I have two girls and would love to see if I could get some for them.
You are very talented and seem to do so much fun stuff with your kids.
Thanks so much!

Matt & Darla said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! They are so cute!! Thanks for sharing the recipes, too. I LOVE cookbooks and recipes!!

Lisa E said...

Are you trying to make me jealous about the potty-training? How did you do it, and why does my daughter refuse to be potty trained? I'm sending her to your house...

Lisa said...

I LOVE your blog! I always check it because I love the pics, the food, the stories, everything! I am going to make that salad tomorrow, it looks amazing! I might just throw the diet out the window for that so I can eat as much as I want!

Brooke said...

Mmmm...I am definitely trying those. Congrats on potty training the twins! That ought to be nice on your grocery bill!

Andrea said...

OMGosh, those twin ladybug dresses are astoundingly beautiful!! Will you please come potty train Aidan for me?? The only thing worse than trying to get him to do this would be trying to get TWO of him to do it! So Kudos to you!!

And I really DO care to read your blogs, please.

Love ya!

Dawn said...

anytime you feel the need to buy or change diapers - come visit!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin